[Herky] Can you help?

George Latch gklatch at cox.net
Mon Jul 11 13:54:23 PDT 2016

I have an inquiry of you who are closer to home and more active.  My eldest daughter, who has a number of degree, unfortunately, none from Iowa, but knowing my attachment to the U of I, gave me a beautiful leather Iowa Hawkeye brief case.  The story behind it is my problem.

She lives in Cleveland and at a coffee house near her condo saw a man with this unique briefcase.  She purchased it but the man would not or could not supply any info about it.

The briefcase is black leather, very good quality.  It is about 18 inches wide by 12 inches high and expandable to about 4 inches deep.  It obviously is intended to carry a laptop with additional space for paper, etc.  On the front is embossed “IOWA” below the the Tiger Hawk Image and below that “HAWKEYES”.  There are no tags concerning the manufacturer and, once again, very high material and workmanship.

If anyone would have any info or thoughts I would appreciate hearing from you.

G. Latch BSEE50
gklatch at cox.net or Herky