[Herky] Another win

Stephen Somermeyer steve at somermeyer.com
Sun Jan 31 15:55:59 PST 2016

  Jerrod carried the Hawkeyes in the first half & then Jok went crazy in the second half.  Together they scored 49 of Iowa's 85 points.  Fran emptied the bench and NW somewhat made the score respectable.
I thought Uthoff stopped looking for the 3-pt shot and tried to take the ball to the hoop.  Maybe he wasn't feeling his touch but he passed up several looks in the 2nd half.  Jok, on the other hand, was really feeling it in the 2nd half and he was spectacular.
They took care of business despite Woodbury going scoreless but he only took 2 shots.  Gesell and Clemmons both took the ball to the hoop at every opportunity with Clemmons getting more results.
The BTN announcers seemed a bit over-the-top with their praise of Iowa but I guess I shouldn't complain.
It's turning into a special season and I'm enjoying it a bunch!
Go Hawks!