[Herky] NYTimes: C.T.E Is Found in a Iowa Hawkeye Hero and Ex-Giant Who Died at 27

Jim Monahan jimmonahan8 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 08:22:46 PST 2016

Here's a story from The New York Times I thought you'd find interesting:

Tyler Sash, who played on the 2012 Super Bowl team, was found dead in
September after an accidental overdose of pain medication. His family said
his behavior had become increasingly erratic.

Read More: http://nyti.ms/1OXeVC7

This article tells full well how the fantastic game of football is turning
into fatal or debilitating HITS thrill pastime  that actually is a living
hell (in my opinion).

Is my statement damningly dramatic?  Damn right it is!   I have put up with
nagging neck and hip pains from high contact college football injuries for
life that might have been avoided with common sense from the medical/sports
communities.

But here's my virtually  incomprehensible reaction.  I still just might
accept suffering these injuries as worth doing, the price I paid playing
and sustaining positive memories of exciting competitive  times.

How I loved the intensity of emotions yielded from  football and baseball's
highs and lows on a mission  with good buddies and caring coaches.

But it is time to get radical and eliminate or make safer such high injury
rites as kickoffs, and get the best minds to examine every facet of
football proven to be most dangerous.

The game is innately good to play and watch.  So,  whatever it takes re
safer designed helmets, pads, etc.  Or allowable physical contact,  Just do
it!

We rabid fans in the stands and couch potatoes would adjust to more sanity
in rapidly changing the football regimens so there would be fewer young and
gifted Tyler Sashes turning into ashes from head bashes.

Again, Just do it --- whatever expert investigations warrant as necessary.

Jim Monahan

Jim Monahan