[Herky] Iowa promotes Kelvin Bell to recruiting coordinator

Sue Bailey minburnsb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:24:35 PST 2016

  Iowa promotes Kelvin Bell to recruiting coordinator

    Former Hawkeye has been working with program since 2012

<http://www.reddit.com/submit>

Kelvin Bell
Gazette staff
Feb 26, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Iowa football coach Kirk Ferentz has promoted director of on-campus
recruiting Kelvin Bell to recruiting coordinator, Ferentz announced Friday.

Bell, who held his on-campus recruiting position for the past two years
and will also be a defensive assistant, takes over for Seth Wallace, now
Iowa's linebackers coach.

"Kelvin will be a very positive addition to our coaching staff,” Ferentz
said in a statement. “As a former player and an Iowa graduate, he
possesses an extensive understanding of our Hawkeye football culture,
which is built on character, academics and player development.”

A native of Olive Branch, Miss., Bell redshirted as a Hawkeye defensive
lineman in 2000, then had his career cut short by injury.

He was a graduate assistant at Iowa from 2012-13 after previous
assistant coaching experience at Iowa City Regina High School (2004-06),
Cornell College (2006-07), Wayne State College (2008-09) and Trinity
International University (2011).

“In 2012, Coach Ferentz gave me a chance to return to Iowa football as a
graduate assistant,” Bell said in a statement. “I was thrilled to be
able to work for one of the best men in this profession and contribute
to the success of my alma mater.

“My experiences these past four years, both on and off the field, have
been invaluable toward my development in the coaching profession. I’m
thankful for the opportunity to continue my career as a member of the
Iowa football coaching staff.”