[Herky] Not sure what to think

Jeff Napier jnapier111 at outlook.com
Wed Feb 24 20:36:07 PST 2016

Poor shooting is due to a poor offense that does not get good looks.  How many times did WI get wide open shots from 3. Iowa had none.  When you have zero inside offensive threat the opponent does not need to collapse and they can stay out on the perimeter and defend.
Iowa is a top 20 type team. They have a chance at making the Sweet 16 but not more than that.  We should be happy as that is overachieving from what we expected at the beginning of the year.
Fran's needed to develop a bench and get a consistent 3rd scorer for this team to end up a top 10 team and it has not happened.  Teams have figured out that Uthoff is not quick enough to drive by anyone so they just need to get out on him on the perimeter and he just kind of fades out the game.  Let him take those 25+ footer and fade-aways.  In his last 8 games he is shooting about 40% from the field and 25% from 3 point.
Woodbury's great effort was the only reason this game even close.