[Herky] Wrestling - Iowa - NCST

new775 at aol.com new775 at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 12:09:29 PST 2016

Jeff: Good observations

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Jeff Napier
Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎February‎ ‎22‎, ‎2016 ‎9‎:‎12‎ ‎PM
To: herky at lists.herky.net

Iowa loses 21-17.

Brooks appears to get hurt during his match.  But even before that the NCSt guy was winning.   Stoll hurts his knee and medical defaults. He was getting beat by the #1 ranked guy at the time quite easily.

My thoughts heading into the BT's.

Team - PSU is the superior team. This Iowa team that wrestled tonight would not even be in contention.

125 GIlman and 133 Clark has been solid all year.  1st -3rd finish in NCAA.

141 Grothus got hammered tonight.  I doubt that he qualifies for the NCAA's.

149 Sorensen is solid. 1st -3rd finish in NCAA.

157 Cooper has shown improvement but borderline to qualify for NCAA.

165 Rhoades will not qualify

174 Meyer - He has not looked good all year but does manage to pull out the victory more often than not. He will make the NCAA's but will not contribute much.

184 Brooks - I thought he would be a top 4 type guy and he has been 10-14 type guy. And that is when he is not injured.

197 Burak is improved but don't see him any better than 4th or 5th in NCAA

285 Stoll - If healthy I would have guessed he is in the 8-12 range at NCAA.

I have to say that I am pretty negative about this Iowa team.   At this point I would say that the Iowa basketball team has a better chance at winning the NCAA tournament than the wrestling team.