[Herky] Iowa, Barta agree to extension

David McCoid mouthpiece at lisco.com
Thu Feb 18 13:13:08 PST 2016

Does Barta really deserve a raise? Iowa is #44 in the 2014-2015 Directors Cup standings & #10 in the B10 standings. For the fall 2015 period Iowa is 84th and #13 in the B10. Iowa has consistently been at or near the bottom of the Cup standings for many years. Iowa State was #45 last year – 1 rank behind Iowa - & is currently #47. It appears to me that Barta has no interest in our “minor” sports and has no goals for those coaches. Why else would he put up with a VB program like we have. Why Morehouse & other reporters aren’t writing about this is amazing to me. Dave McCoid