[Herky] The 13 best baseball-themed TV episodes ever, ranked | Sporting News. Non Herky

Jim Monahan jimmonahan8 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 10:53:46 PST 2016

I bet we have more than enough Chicago Cubs fans on Herky to party hardy in
Wrigley or on my patio in the burbs if the team sooner rather than later
makes it to the World Series.

Herky Pubsters would pontificate and celebrate so loudly Harry Caray  and
Ernie Banks would hear us from Heaven or wherever back in the day, hung
with Harry  Caray on occasion at Butch McGuire's on Division Street.  He
had his own designated  private wall phone near the front bar.

When Harry was holding court jabbering away with folks in the bar, he chose
me to answer his phone because of my documentable PR skills, he joked.

Charles Finley, when he owned the Oakland As, was a fun character too.
Attended good cause fund-raisers with him as part of my client work.

Brashly exuberant Charlie would grab my arm and literally recruit me to
"babysit" a gorgeous blonde that he brought as his arm candy. He saw
somebody he'd want to talk business with, slapped me on the back, jumped
off the bat stool and away he went  to do some glad-handing.

I'd tell you what happened when Charley tarried too long in the other room
gabbing while I was "forced" to buy drinks for the Marilyn Monroe
lookalike,  but then I would have to kill you;), as the old joke goes!

Jim Monahan