[Herky] Hawkeyes finally play some defense

Stephen Somermeyer steve at somermeyer.com
Fri Dec 9 07:25:43 PST 2016

It was a fun game to watch and enjoyable to see Iowa State get beat.  I agree with the intensity of the entire team.  If I had to nitpick a bit, some of the Hawkeye shots seemed forced when a teammate appeared to be open.  But I loved the aggressiveness that they displayed going to the bucket.   From this one game it appears that they'll be competitive in conference play although I've seen both Purdue and the Hoosier play several times and both teams are excellent.  Go Hawks!! Steve