[Herky] Doyle

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Tue Aug 23 12:03:26 PDT 2016

Assistant coaches at other schools can make more than $1M as competition for the best coaches has increased. Doyle is well paid foe a strength coach but longevity and the importance of developing the lower ranked players Iowa recruits are factors.
Also, the terms of Ferentz's contract called for big assistant coach raises based on last year's performance. From the USA Today article:

" According to the terms of Ferentz’s contract, Iowa’s record-setting 2015 season helped pave the way for across-the-board increases for his assistant coaches. By achieving a top-10 national ranking, a bowl appearance and meeting graduation requirements, the pool for assistant-coach salaries grew by 14 percent."