[Herky] Sherwyn Thorson, Two-Sport Star at Iowa, Passes Away

Keith Voigts kvoigts at wisemanengine.com
Fri Apr 8 10:58:49 PDT 2016

I remember going to the Fieldhouse to play some pick-up basketball back in the day after Thorson had left, and I always noticed a big portrait of him hanging on the wall in a hall.  He was in his wrestling singlet which showed his enormous muscles.  He was cut like nothing I had ever seen.  Who knows how much weight room activity was going on back then with the athletes.  A lot of that physique must have been natural.

Keith Voigts