[Herky] Iowa Hawkeyes 2015 Football Preview - Corn Nation

new775 at aol.com new775 at aol.com
Fri Sep 4 08:57:31 PDT 2015

Also agree withb Dennis

new775 at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Ramseyer <g.ramseyer at comcast.net>
To: herky <herky at lists.herky.net>
Sent: Thu, Sep 3, 2015 8:12 pm
Subject: Re: [Herky] Iowa Hawkeyes 2015 Football Preview - Corn Nation

I just listened to the radio show of the coach of Illinois State as I was driving home from a soccer game. He is very high on one of his kickers. Brock played for Purdue and coached there but was from Rockford, IL. He said on the radio show that he went to Iowa City to observe a one-day kicking camp. There was a kicker there from Rockford who impressed him. He told the Iowa coaches that he was from his hometown. They said they knew that but were not interested in recruiting him so he is in Normal. I will be watching on Saturday to see how good the kicking teams from both universities are.

I agree with all of the points Dennis made. My husband used to predict the first four plays when Iowa got the ball and he was usually right….boring.

On Sep 3, 2015, at 12:27 PM, Dennis v <     dvanlangen at verizon.net> wrote:

>From watching every Iowa game on TV or in person over the past 6 years, here are some things I keep seeing:

1.  Predictable offensive sets/plays

          2.  Poor clock management and confusion at times trying to get plays in from the sidelines; confusion late in close games

          3.  Very conservative play calling as soon as they get a lead

          4.  Inability to hold leads or unable to answer when the other team scores; inability to open comfortable leads and make huge comebacks late

          5.  Mediocre players at skill positions, when compared to most other B1G teams

          6.  Slow (slow reactions) on defense

          That is all.

          Dennis v.