[Herky] Iowa Hawkeyes 2015 Football Preview - Corn Nation

Kay Ramseyer g.ramseyer at comcast.net
Thu Sep 3 18:12:46 PDT 2015

I just listened to the radio show of the coach of Illinois State as I was driving home from a soccer game. He is very high on one of his kickers. Brock played for Purdue and coached there but was from Rockford, IL. He said on the radio show that he went to Iowa City to observe a one-day kicking camp. There was a kicker there from Rockford who impressed him. He told the Iowa coaches that he was from his hometown. They said they knew that but were not interested in recruiting him so he is in Normal. I will be watching on Saturday to see how good the kicking teams from both universities are.

I agree with all of the points Dennis made. My husband used to predict the first four plays when Iowa got the ball and he was usually right….boring.