[Herky] Ready for college hoops? 30 things to get you ready

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Thu Oct 15 08:50:41 PDT 2015

The line started at Iowa -3, went to Northwestern -1 for a very short time, then back to the present Iowa -2.5. I think that may be optimistic given Iowa's injuries. Iowa's best DE, both starting OT's, number one running back starting the season, and Duzey yet to play all will be tough to overcome on the road. How injured CJ Beathard is and what degree of mobility he has will also influence the game's outcome. Northwestern has a cornerback out but decent depth at that position.

Iowa basketball should be as good as last year but many other Big Ten teams seem to have significantly improved, so McCaffery's team may not have as good a BT record as last year. How the freshmen and Dom Uhl come along will be important.