[Herky] time for HUS

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Fri Nov 20 15:26:32 PST 2015

Snow would probably help, if anything,since the running game would be paramount. Purdue has by far the worst run defense in the Big Ten, allowing 40 yards per game more than the closest competitor, and ranks 112 nationally. Purdue also has allowed the most running plays over 20 yards. Iowa is second in Big Ten rushing to Ohio State and ranks 28 nationally.

Purdue is last in the Big Ten and 114th nationally with 128.9 rushing yards per game (the Boilers have generated just 29 10-plus runs and average just 3.18 yards on first down runs).

With these numbers so greatly in Iowa's favor, I do not fear a trap week.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/2-minute-drill-purdue-boilermakers-20151118