[Herky] Elite Daily: Silence The Haters: 3 Reasons The Iowa Hawkeyes Deserve A Playoff Bid

Jim Monahan jimmonahan8 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 07:05:24 PST 2015

Most of the conversation surrounding the Iowa football team this year has
been focused on the argument that they aren’t worthy of the spotlight,
their ranking or, frankly, even being in discussion. Critics have called
out their weak schedule, and because the Hawkeyes don’t feature a Heisman
hopeful like, Derrick Henry, or a high profile […]

http://elitedaily.com/sports/iowa-hawkeyes-playoffs/1282415/

A classic smashmouth drubbing led by the mean and mad Hawkeyes kicking ass
from their so-called "un-skilled" positions will help critics realize how
wrong they are!

Our linemen ---- as informed observers of college football know --- are
mentally and muscularly trained to win.  As a former college lineman, I
focus on watching the brutal battles in the trenches.

At times I pity the opposing linemen as they get knocked on their asses
time and again.  It is a cliché, granted, to say players actually have an
ingrained will to win,  but that's a fact on Kinnick field when our home
grown farm boys and their brutal brethren get down in a four point stance.

So much fun to see how superiorly coached linemen exact pain and defeat,
the joy I get must be almost a sin😈 !  Oh,  how I love the stunning power
of a forearm shiver!  Makes me tingle all over!

These are just jokes supporting truth, my Herky  brethren and cisterns.

JM

a fact