[Herky] McCaffery excited about Waterloo's Jones : Iowa

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Wed May 13 15:54:58 PDT 2015

Thanks for this article, Jim. I would not have found it. You would think Dale Jones is the most likely of the 6 newcomers to start or get immediate playing time since he is the most mature. With 4 Seniors and a Junior ahead of them, I hope the incoming Freshmen don't get too discouraged. This class is a little unbalanced with 6 wings who all can play small forward, and Uthoff will take most of the minutes there. Still, as many as 3 of the newcomers will need to be in the playing rotation and all can play multiple positions. Fran seems to be going to a perimeter oriented 3 point shooting team. The Prime Time League will start in about a month and we will see how they compare to each other and the upperclassmen.