[Herky] Elite Recruit!

Jerry Ruttenburg jruttenburg at msn.com
Sun Jun 21 14:46:19 PDT 2015

not to nit-pick over a few inches but Dale Jones is 6'8" and a power forward.  He is a juco and will be gone in two years.  Probably half of this years class will be gone in two years after the playing time becomes apparent.  The McCaffery boys and Weiskamp will, in all likelihood, be mister basketball in Iowa in 17, 18 and 19.  I don't think we want to turn down any of them.  When a top 15 player in his class says he wants to come to Iowa I don't its time to get out the tape measure.

The hard fact is there are not a lot of talented, back to the basket, centers around.  There are a lot of good teams play without a true center.  McC. will find a big, but I don't think they want to take a project.

Jerry Ruttenburg