[Herky] The Iowa Beyond Hay Bales, Corn Fields And Deep-Fried Butter | WUNC. Non - Herky

Dennis v dvanlangen at verizon.net
Sun Jun 7 06:42:11 PDT 2015

There seemed to be a lot of hog puns thrown out yesterday at the ‘Roast and Ride’ event.  Oh well, I guess that’s quite appealing to some of the caucus-goers .

I was in Iowa recently, and saw the new Google facility near Altoona.  Iowa is booming now in a different way than it was in the 50’s and 60’s before the interstates came in and small farms and small towns started to go downhill.   Remember the days when a 6 pack of Kool Aid cost 25 cents and a one-pound box of Ritz crackers cost 35 cents?  About June of 1955.   Main Street in my small home town was hopping every weekend, day and night, back in those days!   Kids were running and biking around on sugar highs from mass amounts of Kool Aid and Oreo cookies!

Dennis v.