[Herky] Iowa hoops nabs state's fastest-rising 2016 recruit in Ryan Kriener

Jerry Ruttenburg jruttenburg at msn.com
Fri Jul 31 09:22:46 PDT 2015

He had 20 some offers, among them was Minnesota, Missouri, Wichita State, Northern Iowa, DePaul, James Madison,George Mason and Indiana State.  His high school coach said that Wisconsin and North Carolina ask for his transcripts.  You make sure a student can get in to your school before you offer him.
Had Iowa not offered and he chose Northern Iowa and became a star there, everyone would have been asking "why didn't Iowa offer?"  Will he be a great freshman? Few big men are, but I think this is a good get and will be an important member if this team in a few year.

 Jerry