[Herky] Hawk frosh show flashes

Dennis v dvanlangen at verizon.net
Mon Jul 27 16:24:29 PDT 2015

We were told to NEVER make eye contact with the drill instructors in boot camp.  If you did, you were punished.

In the DI hut, they had a pair of eyeballs in a picture frame on the wall.  You had to stare at those when you had to report to the DI in their hut, while standing at attention.

Like I said, it was quite the unique life experience.

We heard it over and over, “Don’t eyeball me (insert expletive name here)!!”

Dennis v.