[Herky] Fwd: Why Is The U.S. So Good At Women’s Soccer?

Jim Monahan jimmonahan8 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 10:19:29 PDT 2015

*"Girls" have come a long way in sports since my era of lack of respect for
providing the mistreated "lesser sex" with athletic programs.*

*Great overview of soccer victory and you can bring to mind the great
strides in recent decades in so many other amateur and pro sports for
women.*

*Way back in the day, in the 60s, as C Club lettermen president for the
Creston Panthers, I spearheaded a drive to start a girls' varsity
basketball team.*

*Nah, better they join our cheering squads or sit as fans in the stands and
pay homage to home ec, 4H or adoring boy jocks😇😇😇.*

*So glad the tide changed and my two daughters had a chance to play several
varsity sports at Niles North in the Chicago burbs and knew the joy of
being all-stars rather than just clapping for the under-achieving boys
teams.*

*Jim Monahan*

 http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/why-is-the-u-s-so-good-at-womens-soccer/