[Herky] Fwd: At Auburn, Athletics and Academics Collide - WSJ

Jim Monahan jimmonahan8 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:08:12 PDT 2015

*If you invest time reading this whole story, it may cause you to spin
around in an enraged state of mind (imagine how silly you will look:).  I
was surprised how rotten a major school's cheating nature can get....guess
I am still naïve at my advanced age (hitting the road to Creston, Iowa from
my Windy City for my 55th High School Reunion Labor Day weekend)..  *

*Back in the day I vaguely remember I was letterman club president, led
state champ teams, but damn if it hasn't been downhill ever since😂!   *

*Sadly, I am asked to honor the memory to my classmates of my cousin and
classmate, Marcia Wallace, who died since our 50th Reunion.  Marcia acted
on the Bob Newhart show for many years back in the day and voiceover for
the Simpsons' comedy show on TV and outrageously  funny in real life.  RIP
to all our gone classmates, yours and mine.*

*Oops, distracted myself or a spell of senility just set in.....enough of
my verbose chatter, digest this story and go into shock at the corrupt
nature of Auburn's sports scholastics --- and pray we ain't doing anything
approaching this shameful cheating environment in Hawkeye Land!*

*jim monahan*