[Herky] Iowa Baseball

Dave Davis dave-davis at inbox.com
Thu Apr 16 08:04:07 PDT 2015

Got to watch the Hawks play DIII Cornell Rams in baseball last night.  This
team is fun to watch.  They have a few key players with some injuries right
now but still this is developing into a good program.  Jack Heller has them
going the right way.  Their pitching seems to be strong and getting better.
Saw many reserves play but they have a young man that plays RF and he has
got some speed.  Plus they play with an intensity that was lacking in the
football team.

They have done some major upgrades to the diamond.  It's all field turf,
even the "dirt" portions are turf.  I talked with an injured player who told
me of the even surface, no bad hops, and good footing.  He did say it took
some getting used to the batter's box since you can't dig in any more.  Plus
they had to replace a section of the pitcher's mound due to excessive wear.

I heard a possible short range plan is to build new seating area and new
press box in the near future, maybe within 5 years is the best guess.

Scott

Can't remember your password? Do you need a strong and secure password?
Use Password manager! It stores your passwords & protects your account.
Check it out at http://mysecurelogon.com/password-manager