[Herky] Basketball Future

Larry Edwards larryed6124 at knology.net
Sat Apr 4 12:24:14 PDT 2015

Jones is apparently a late bloomer, as he was listed at 6'5" and 200 lbs. or less when he played at Waterloo West, where he had a reputation for being a good defensive rebounder.There is some concern that JUCO players sometimes exaggerate their heights, so he may not really be 6'8". He also played on the Iowa Barnstormers along with Woodbury and Gesell, so he knows some Iowa players. This is his third year at Tyler JC after having taken a medical redshirt year. He would help to give Iowa a little more experience. After this coming year's seniors graduate, the only upperclassmen would be Jok and Uhl. in 2016-2017.