[Herky] Logic names Senior Class Award winner

Sue Bailey minburnsb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 15:45:03 PDT 2015

  Logic named Senior CLASS Award winner

      Women’s basketball: Award embodies athletics, academics and character

<http://www.reddit.com/submit>
Iowa senior Samantha Logic (22) drives for a layup last week against
Baylor in the NCAA women’s basketball tournament. Logic is the winner of
the Senior CLASS Award. (Cliff Jette/The Gazette)

  *

Jeff Linder <mailto:jeff.linder at thegazette.com>, The Gazette
April 3, 2015 | 12:01 pm

IOWA CITY — Samantha Logic has been selected as the 2014-15 Senior CLASS
Award winner in NCAA Division-I women’s basketball.

The award is chosen by a nationwide vote of Division-I women’s
basketball coaches, media and fans.

“What the Senior CLASS Award entails makes it special because it
encompasses everything you’ve done in college on and off the court and
in the classroom,” said Logic, who finished her career as Iowa’s
all-time career assist leader. “It is such an honor to be recognized for
all aspects. Our team does such a great job of staying active in our
community, and knowing that we made time to give back to the Iowa City
community will stick with me moving forward.”

Logic is on track to graduate in May. She has a GPA of 3.75 and was a
third-team Associated Press All-American and a third-team acadamic
all-American.

On the court, Logic became the only player in NCAA history to accumulate
at least 1,500 career points, 900 rebounds, 800 assists and 200 steals.

“The Senior CLASS Award is a very special award as it goes to the senior
that embodies the entire package,” said Iowa Coach Lisa Bluder. “Sam has
received many awards over the past couple of weeks, but this one is
exceptional due to what it stands for. And the fact that the Hawkeye
fans were part of this selection also sets it apart.”

Kiah Stokes of Connecticut, a former player at Linn-Mar, joins Logic on
the CLASS Award all-American first team.